Text Size: 

Ribble Valley Borough Council - Event Information Form

If you are holding an event in the Ribble Valley you can use this form to let us know the details of the event.

By providing information about your event we can share it with local organisations such as the Police, Fire and Rescue, Lancashire County Council Traffic Management and Ribble Valley Borough Council services and offer advice, support and safety information with regards to the running of your event.

You may also want to view our Current Tourism Initiatives where we can help with the promotion of your event.

Procession type events on the highway:
Please be aware that from 2017, the police are no longer able to support such events, either by attending or in an advisory role. The only exception will be for Remembrance Day parades. Previously for such events to take place, an Order under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 needed to be issued so a rolling road closure may take place. The Order was only issued if either the police attended the event or they agreed that the measures put in place by the organisers are acceptable to them and also acceptable to the Highway Authority, Lancashire County Council (LCC).

In recent years the police have not normally attended events however they, along with LCC, have ratified the organisers arrangements either by a pre-visit or a desk top process, prior to the event being submitted to ESAG. Unfortunately due to the lack of resources neither of these options are going to be available going forward.

In future, for procession type events on the highway to take place, event organisers will need to employ a Traffic Management Company (see list of approved by LCC) who will produce a traffic management plan (TMP) and provide any qualified traffic stewards for the event. The TMP must then be submitted along with your event notification form to the Event Advisory Safety Group (ESAG) where the Police and LCC will review and, if ratified by the police and LCC, the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 road closure may be issued.

Neighbourhood form grants may be available to Parish Councils that might help with the extra costs for the event. To apply for help to fund this, please contact your Parish Council.

2) Event Date *
2) Event Date
eForms by AchieveForms